Saturday, January 3, 2009

Italy, my dream vacation: Chicken Parmesan

Last night, I made Chicken Parmesan. It was so good and soooo easy!
Here's the recipe for you:

4 chicken breasts (I used chicken tenders and they were good)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (I used the Progresso brand)
1 lg. egg, beaten
1 T. oil (I usually use olive oil, but I was out and used vegetable)
1 jar of marinara sauce ( I use Newman's Own Marinara and it is wonderful!)
Spaghetti noodles

1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper
2. Combine breadcrumbs and remaining salt.
3. Dip chicken in egg and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
4. Cook chicken in hot oil. Remove and drain well.
5. Add to cooked noodles and cover with heated-up marinara sauce.

I cooked the chicken first and then just covered it with foil and it was still warm when we were ready to eat.
Wonderful recipe!!!! I would have posted a picture, but I think my camera has died!

No comments:

Post a Comment