Friday, July 24, 2009

Creamy Italian Dressing

This is the best dressing that I have ever made. It was supposed to be a knock-off of Olive Garden's but it is too creamy and doesn't even taste like theirs at all. Much better! Landyn loved it and he has just started to eat salad, but only based on what dressing it has.

Creamy Italian Dressing

1/2 c. mayo
1/3 c. white vinegar (I would use less; next time I will)
1 tsp. vegetable oil
2 T. corn syrup
2 T. Parmesean cheese
2 T. Romano cheese
1/4 tsp. garlic salt (or 1 clove garlic, minced)
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. parsley flakes
1 t. lemon juice

Mix all ingredients. If too tart, add a little sugar (I added about 1 T.)
Chill salad bowl 30 min. before putting lettuce in it. Add other salad ingredients and then top with dressing. I used an entire head of romaine lettuce and 1/4 bag of spring mix and there was too much dressing, so watch and mix carefully or add more lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment